Llaneta attends ESGR EO/MO Directors Conference in Atlanta
RE/MAX Asyenda president and broker/owner, Rey Llaneta, flew to the United States on September 22nd to attend the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. The 2-day “Best Practices” conference had 94 participants out of 5,000 ESGR volunteers in the U.S. Most attendees are experienced leaders in various fields and are at the top of the ESGR hierarchy. Some are retired generals and admirals.
The participants were divided into 6 groups for specific discussion and later, one representative from each group would give feedback about the group discussion, highlighting key points. After the group discussion ended, Rey was chosen to be the spokesman of their group. Although he did not expect it, he accepted the challenge and did very well.
Here are Rey’s teaching/learning points from that event:
1. Be attentive and pay attention during group discussions.
2. Be prepared and always make it a point to contribute to your group. Say something!
3. Always be prepared for any challenge.
4. When faced with a challenge, take it and do your best.
5. Push yourself to excel in everything that you do.
6. Being afraid is OK, but know that overcoming it improves your character and ability to do more.
7. Follow steps 1-6 in everything that you do and your character + capability will improve tremendously.